What will happen with blogging in Mediawiki
I was thinking that since about 1 week there is a tendency to write more in my new Friendica (a web application for managing social communications),
so I wondered yesterday:
- Will my Mediawiki blog be useless?
Why is that?
- friendika allows posting of more than 140 chars + formating
- it allows to crosspost to other networks (e.g. to identi.ca)
(which I also can do over an RSS feed for Mediawiki or extension: Send2StatusNet)
While I was thinking about this, I've also noted down what blocks me currently to use friendika more efficiently, see (exploring Friendika: behaviour after 1 week)
I am using now friendika together with StatusNet, see Micro blogging posts
Anyways, we'll see.
What I still prefer in the wiki is its versioning + other features friendika does not offer (yet).
Another issue is the import of existing blog posts.
- Though over the last years a tendency of mine was to diverse more (>5 blogs) I tend to collect now more at one place (makes searching + classifying later on easier)
|service||Average number of characters per dent||sum dents||comment|
|StatusNet||75||3228||sweet talking with my bot|
|StatusNet||94||4440||the famous bot|
2012 Oct 3:
- It's more like swinging from one extreme to another :-)
- a little bit of this and when I am bored I give more attention to the other
2012 Nov 19:
- MediaWiki statistics
- Micro blogging posts
- What is (not) so good about micro blogs ?
- finished: importing Wordpress blog
- blog post frequency (2007-2011)
- ↑ only data from October 13 available
- ↑ 2011-09-29
- ↑ which also gets the dents from the StatusNet site below, so I expect an increase of dent length over time
- ↑ interesting it decreased: perhaps due to lower amount of posts from friendica (1869) than in comparison with identica posts (5888)
- ↑ which currently gets input from Friendika, so this could show me, if I tend to write more there or here