blogging in CC-by-nc
Regarding Creative Commons here I have chosen the 4th accommodating license type from the available six CC licences.
So, what does this mean for you ?
Let me see if I get together all licences I used so far:
- CC by-sa (Attribution-Share Alike) (German Wikiversity)
- CC by-nc-sa (Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike) (Wordpress blog)
- GNU Free Documentation License (many Wikimedia wikis)
Let's see when I will just write in the best licences of all:
public domain :-) (hint: please note this text in the CC licence descriptions: "Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder." :-))
- crossed out the PD, because that seems hard to achieve, but there is something giving hope:
If I use a Creative Commons-licensed work to create a new work (ie a derivative work or adaptation), which Creative Commons license can I use for my new work?
see the table at the CC wiki FAQ
- A better licence - but which one? - is it cc-by-sa? (August 2011)