I'm using the mediawiki software in this wiki.
I didn't find yet - for my personal usage - a too convincing argument to switch from this wiki software.
- Except perhaps a wiki with just flat files instead of DB, that would make it comfortable to also edit offline and just copy all back online.
- or just host it elsewhere, see e.g. on gitorious
Some thoughts why I use a wiki: has it already been 20 months?
- wikipedia: Comparison of wiki software
- wagn uses cards
- static site generators like:
- TiddlyWiki: just a html file, java script
- What is a federated wiki ? (e.g. distributed Mediawiki possible?)
Flat File is not that bad?
todo for flat files
- convert mediawiki to flat file wiki easy possible? (together with extensions)
got some links to read, when I have time :-)
- Tiki related
- for multilingual wikis: The Cross-Lingual Wiki Engine: Enabling Collaboration Across Language Barriers (2008)
- dashboards about managing FOSS projects (how to set priorities and manage, the wiki way): SWOT